Tuesday, September 16, 2008

computer dumbo

Well that is me, a totally self taught computer Dumbo.

Sometimes I wonder how I ever got this blog up and running.

As T patiently worked with me the other day to tidy up an excel sheet for the accountant I again realised how grateful I was that one half of this partnership has some computer knowledge.

As I was looking through my blogging friends blogs I came across these computer short cuts:-

Take you to the start of that line - Home
Take you to the start of the document - Ctrl (control) + Home
Take you to the end of that line - End
Take you to the end of the document - Ctrl + End
Create a new document - Ctrl + N
Insert a page break - Ctrl + Enter
Decrease font size - Ctrl + Shift + <
Increase font size - Ctrl + Shift + >
To change lowercase text to ALL CAPS - Ctrl + Shift + A
To insert a date field - Alt + Shift + D
Delete the word before the cursor - Ctrl + Backspace
Delete the word after the cursor - Ctrl + Del
Double-click to highlight the word the cursor is in
Triple-click to highlight the paragraph the cursor is in

Thank you Donna-Marie at http://smallbusinessdiva.wordpress.com/
Have fun playing with these....S

3 comments:

baby~amore' said...

I knew a few of these but can never remember them all - great list I am going to rpint it out for my teenager (and me LOL)

Jodie said...

Hi Sally Ann, thanks for stopping by Haby G and saying Hi, it's great to see a familiar face....well, you know what I mean :-)

Donna-Marie said...

Thanks for the mention. Once you start using some of these short cuts, you'll wonder how you managed before :)