Friday, June 6, 2008

trash to treasure





Yesterday was "Throw out Thursday" in our house so I have a boot load of stuff to take to St Vincents De Paul. I have a range of different things I am dropping off from jeans that are too short, wine glasses that are not my taste (present from the Mother In Law), old dinner set, toys that are no longer loved and heaps more. I am sure that someone else will delight in my trash just as Elena at EP Deisgns finds things in op shops and transforms them into beautiful pieces. I especially love these pin cushions.

Try "Throw out Thursday" in your house....just get everyone to throw something out every Thursday, I sometimes put a box in the hallway so people get the idea without me having to nag. It can be as little as an odd sock, but if you do it every week you will find the junk hanging around will disappear. S

2 comments:

baby~amore' said...

I am terrible at throwing things out but I did give away a large bag of clothes to a family in need last week , an old highchair and we also have some toys for them.

.girl ferment. said...

i think having a set day is a good idea. we always have a vinnies bag going and it gets filled gradually.
xx