Friday, May 2, 2008

gift wrapping drawer




I don't know if there are many people out there like me but when I see a card I like, I buy it and put it in a drawer called our "gift wrapping draw." In this drawer there are cards, wrapping paper, ribbons....any thing to do with wrapping presents. If it is a card for a specific person I then write in the my.organiser on that persons birthday so I don't forget. Well this week I went to that overflowing, messy drawer to look for a Mother's Day card for my Mum. I could hardly open it let alone see what was in it. After a total empty out and clean up it now is ready for any present to be completely decked out with matching ribbon and card. Having a selection of cards and wrapping it means that there is no last minute dash to the expensive local newsagent. I often buy cards and wrapping when I see them on sale. Make this a job for this week, collect all your bits and pieces to do with gift wrapping and put them in a beautiful box or drawer, at least get them altogether in one easy to find spot. Talking about nice cards, Jenni at Jenni's Papercraft Design has some lovely cards she has designed herself,it is worth a look.

Happy Organising!! S

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow - you are organised! I may purchase a card prior to an event but it would have to be really special in order for me to do that.

agoodsort.com said...

Its easy and useful give it a try Michelle. Sally Ann

smallbusinessdiva said...

I must admit, I've got a card/paper/ribbon cupboard, and also a box for gifts that I buy throughout the year. I got the idea from my Mum who always had a spare supply of... everything!

Nicole said...

I don't have a drawer, instead I have a box with ribbon, paper etc and a hanging file with writing paper, cards and stamps. I too buy things when I see them because I like to have things at hand.