Friday, May 30, 2008

are yours heading south??


Ok, now this is getting down and personal but it has to be done. I watched Susannah and Trinny last night from the famous What Not to Wear Show. They were doing a show helping older ladies jazz up their look a little. Getting them out of the pale pink tracksuits and over sized, body hiding shirts and getting them to show off their bodies and be proud of it. One of the many questions they asked the ladies was "do you like having your boobs hang down to your elbows?' (it was so funny!! seeing these older ladies being asked such up front questions.) When the girls had finished with the ladies it was fantastic and it even made Susannah cry..
You probably wonder were I am going with this. Well, not that we are up to that stage yet, but so we don't head down the boobs to the waist and elasticated skirts track, it is time to sort through your undies drawer.
Go on, get the drawer out and empty it onto the bed. Now, anything that is stretched, holey, to small, too big, missing a wire etc. straight in the bin. Line the drawer with a nice new smelly drawer liner. If you really want to keep the drawer looking organised, so you can see every bra and pair of undies at a glance, Howard Storage World has drawer dividers. OK ,now put back only the underwear that fits and you love to wear.....throw the rest out, if that means you now have an empty drawer, your next step it to go shopping, but don't forget when you are getting fitted for your new bras that your boobs are meant to end halfway between your elbow and your shoulder. S
Here is a great poem from Nicole over at The Modern Goddess.

7 comments:

baby~amore' said...

Great post - my bras are in need of urgent upgrade ( and bin'ing) but I am still 'nursing' my twin sons and reluctant to spend any more money on maternity bras plus I am sure the change once I wean ;) I will need all the help I can get then.

Annette Piper said...

I love Trinny and Susannah too - they're a great, fun, couple of girls! Good, sound advice re: the underwear drawer :)

Alyson & Ford said...

Loved reading this post - found you over at My Little Drummer Boys; through NaCommLeavMo.
I absolutely LOVE "What Not To Wear". It is a great show and for someone like me with no style (taste), it is so helpful.
Now about cleaning out the underwear drawer, I am actually finally doing that today. I had it planned as I will not throw out my old stretched ones; they will be packed for my trip to China and discarded one a day as I wear them so less laundry to wash, and, makes room for more goodies to bring home! Thanks for all your other organizing ideas.

Alyson LID 01/27/06 IA China

Nicole said...

Great post and thanks for the link to my site.

Melissa Lewis - Off The Wall said...

I love Trinny and Susannah, unfortunately I don't get to see them anymore. I don't know where to find them now that they aren't doing What Not To Wear anymore:( I'm so bummed!

Hooked on Houses said...

This post made me laugh. Point well taken! -Julia :-)

Anne Maybus said...

I say stand up for yourselves. Defy gravity! GO buy a decent bra.